Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Off With Her Thumb



I will be the first to admit that seeing this cute pose, completely makes my heart melt. Little Miss Olivia + her thumb = much cuteness. That is until we went for a dental visit yesterday. Now Little Miss Olivia + her thumb = mucho messed up teeth.

All you previous thumb suckers or parents who have had a thumb sucker ... I am in need of some HELP. What made you stop, or got your child to quit this great habit? And getting rid of the thumbs, is not an option so don't leave that in the comments :)


7 comments:

Kimberly @ Bookmark To Blog said...

yikes. I had the same problem growing up. Now my teeth are horrible crooked. Wish I had some advice for you, but that sure is a cute picture.

Hayley said...

We never had thumb suckers, but I just wanted to add that she is just adorable!

Good luck!

Brit said...

Dot loves to suck her thumb too, she's been our only one...whatever you find that works you've got to share!:) Cute pic!

Jill said...

Too cute. I want to give advice but I have none in this area. So I will just say so sorry you have to quit seeing that cute little girl suck her thumb.

Trisha said...

Both of my boys suck their thumbs, so I will be checking back for all the feedback on this!

Shelly Traveller said...

Oh I was a thumb sucker until Kindergarten when my parents wrapped my thumbs and put nasty finger nail polish on them. The embarassment of going to school with my fingers wrapped,nipped it pretty quick. My two youngest are thumb suckers. Jake who is 4 has just quit. HIs finger was all wrinkly and his skin was falling off. So we make him always wear a bandaid over it and when it finally healed we told him if he sucked on it again his finger would get nasty again and fall off. My two year old prefers to have at least two fingers in her mouth and sometimes four. It's a battle but I agree I think it's cute and was nice when they were babies. Plus how many old people do you see sucking their thumbs.

Kera said...

you can purchase this stuff at any baby or kid store that you paint on a thumb or binki. it makes it taste gross. it's worked for some friends of mine.