Sunday, January 25, 2009

NYC cont...


Chiki and I were only in NYC for 3 days, and although our schedules were packed with wedding festivities ... we still managed to spend a little time in Times Square.  Since we have already done most of the tourist activities,  we just wanted to walk around and take it all in.  Since there was no meat at the wedding the first night, we decided to gourge ourselves at Tony's with protein for  lunch.  The guys were not willing to risk two meatless days in a row.   Between 4 of us ... we ate 5 family style meat packed dishes. 


After our meat packed lunch, we headed off to the Toys'R'Us to get the girls a little something.  That is where we saw these totally awesome structures made of legos.  The Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty.  Chiki and I were like little kids on Christmas morning in that store.  The other couple we were with ... not so much :) 




Next, we headed to Hershy World.  They had these gynormous chocolate bars there that weighed 5 lbs. each.  A little too much chocolate for me.   

Our entire stay in NYC consisted of freezing weather and lots of running around.  But we are so happy that we went, and couldn't be more happy for Ajay and Amrita!!


(Only in NYC do you see things like this :))


3 comments:

Haylee Munk Brown said...

I have always wanted to go to NYC!! I hope you guys had fun. Sounds like it!! I would have loved the lego structures!! When I lived in SD I lived just a few miles from Lego land but no one would ever go with me!!! I really wanted to go!!

Kandi said...

You are a HOT mamma!! Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Where did the girls stay?

Nate and Tasha said...

Sounds like the vacay was a lot of fun, but I am sure too short. NYC has so much to do, it looks like you got to the important spots though (Hershey shop)!
The wedding looked like a fun new experience too. Man, i would love to go on a trip for a few days - hope it was a good refresher after that 'crappy' day you had!