Thursday, September 24, 2009

Growing Up

I am feeling a little emotional today and here is why : usually when I drop Hannah off at preschool, she runs in way ahead of me. Not even acknowledging me as I leave the building. Today, to my surprise ... she came running over to me to tell me that she loves me and that she wanted to give me a "BIG HUG."

I am sure her teacher thought that I am some sort of blubbering idiot because while Hannah was giving me my hug, I couldn't help but get a bit teary eyed. Now a big part of my emotional outburst may have been brought on by the fact that she will be turning 5 years old in a week and a half, and that her public showing of affection for her mom has already started to change over this past year. For example, whenever we are around her friends ... she doesn't like me to tag along behind them.

My hug today, made me realize that my "public" hugs will be getting fewer and fewer with time ... but I sure will enjoy all of the ones that she still wants to throw my way!




(These are just a few of my favorite pics of when Hannah was my little cuddle bug)



No comments: