Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Granny Time


My mom made a little visit over this past weekend. We love having visitors, especially our grandmas & our grandpa. They always give the girls their full attention, which Livi & Hannah love every minute of. This particular trip, my mom was able to visit Hannah's preschool and was also allowed into her dance class. Hannah has been talking about showing each of them off to grandma for weeks.


Thanks Grandma for the dance picture. Since Chiki & I are parents, we have to wait to see her at the next performance
Proud Hannah & Grandma at preschool

Next, Hannah requested that we go to the zoo. We go there on a weekly basis, and love to show it off to any who want to attend. Since I am TERRIFIED of snakes, I refuse to take the girls into the aquarium when I am alone with them. So, Hannah kept insisting my mom take her into where the snakes are (Livi was throwing one of many tantrums and had to stay out with me). My mom said they walked in, Hannah saw the first snake and came running out. What can I say, other then that's my girl. I am getting the heepy creepies just talking about the nasty things. 

It just happened to be school day at the zoo, so there were many, many, many kids running around. Between all of the kids, the many meltdowns that Hannah had, and the many tantrums Livi threw ... me and my mom still managed to get in some good laughs and had a great time.

Hannah & Grandma in front of the giraffes
Hannah & Livi playing the African drums

We spent Grandma's last day, at one of the malls. Shopping is always fun, right? Well it should be fun, but this leads me into one of my biggest issues right now ... mega tantrums in public. My youngest Olivia seems to be throwing them everywhere we go, and the day we went to the mall just happened to be chuck full of them. I know every child goes through this "terrible two" stage at one point, but these tantrums are awful. She refuses to wear her monkey, knows how to get out of her stroller when buckled in, and will not allow anyone to carry her. This causes a huge problem when we are in a busy environment, which is basically everywhere we go. If anyone tries to pick her up she thrashes her body around, screams at the top of her lungs, and hits. So, so stressful. Anyhow, back to shopping. We had great success and went home with many bags

How can such a sweet little person, create such a ruckus??

Mom, we were sad to see you go :(  Thanks for the nice adult conversations, the emotional support (handling Livi in public), the good laughs, and the much needed helping hand with the girls who I know loved every moment of it!  Come back real soon!!

5 comments:

Nate and Tasha said...

I am jealous your mom came. How fun! I am sorry Livi is so tough right now. She WILL grow out of it, don't worry. Patience, Patience...easier said than done, right :)

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Your mom looks great! She looks the same as she did ten years ago when I saw her last! I love the zoo too, but will not go into the snake aquarium. If i see a picture of a snake I can't sleep for a week. Chris makes fun of me, but I stick to staying away from them!! Looks like you had a great time with you mom!!

Hayley said...

I bet your mom was in heaven! Everytime I see her she just rants about your girls. She adores them! I'd give you advie about Livi, if you give me some about Seinna?

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

How fun to have some time with your mom, I know I love that! Why is it we didn't appreciate them when we lived with them?? As far as two-year-old advice: don't leave home without m&m's and fruit snacks. That's all I've got.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

to answer your question, NO, the poor kitties WERE house cats but had to get used to the hard life (outside) when we brought them home. Luckily, I am slightly allergic so I have a great excuse to keep them out :)