Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I am Exhausted

So now that summer has all wound down, that means that Chiki is back to school. I am really excited that he is able to pursue his dream of getting a degree, but boy I cannot wait until he is done and I am sure that he can also atone for that. His schedule for this semester is beyond crazy ... having to wake up by 4:30 am every morning to be to work by 5:30, so he can work until 1:3o pm. Once off from work he drives straight to CU which is out in Boulder, and goes to class until 7:30 pm. Me and the girls are excited because at least we get to see him before 11 pm this semester, but boy are me and Chiki dead heads by 9 pm.

I want to send out a big solute to all of you single parents. I am lucky to have Chiki relieve me on the weekends that he doesn't have to work. I don't know how you get grocery shopping done, or let alone most stuff around the house. Anyhow, I know the sacrifices that we are making right now, will definitely be well worth it in the end.

7 comments:

Katie Davis said...

Your girls are so darling! I say it everytime, but they are. I feel your pain dearie, with the schooling. TJ has gone back for his MBA and it's a weekend program- till 10 pm on Fridays, Sat. 8-12 then he goes to work after. During the week he works till 7 so lots of days I feel like I'm swingin single. And by 9 pm, good luck getting me to even move an arm! But you're right- it will be worth it. I am so glad I get to keep in touch with you!

Girl Cam said...

You are truly super mom. I don't know how you do all that you do. Your kids are perfect, your house is perfect, and chiki, well 2 out of 3 will do I guess. :) Hang in there, like you said, it will be worth it in the end. You know that you can always come out to the great state of utah and hang out for awhile if you need a break.

Carston, Katrina, Isabelle and Kate said...

That is awesome you got the school you wanted!!! It's the best when things work out! And I'm dying at the cute pictures in the bed. I know I always say it, but I wish you were close, so our girls could play. And yes I do think Izz and Livi would have a lot of fun being misschevous together!

Emilee said...

kirsten! oh my heck, i had forgotten about your beautiful eyesand lashes! love that picture at the top! anyway! glad you found me, this will be fun! your kids are darling! how funny we both have 2 girls!

Andrea said...

Kirst, this is going to be a way cheezy comment, but I just have to say it because seriously you and Chiki are such an amazing couple! I love hearing all the things you guys are always doing as a family, you guys compliment each other so well...not everyone would be able to make that sacrifice and still support each other! Way to go! Thanks for being such good examples! BTW I love looking at your blog!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

That is so awesome that you guys are able to figure out the family with Chiki going to school! It was hard enough on my own I can;t imagine having a family while doing it! You are awesome and tell Chiki good luck!

Hayley said...

I don't know how you do it! Travis works from 8-5 and by 5:30 I am dying for some relief! You are amazing!