Monday, September 1, 2008

Yelling Bums and the Taste of Colorado

So here is another post without any pictures, but that will happen no more. Chiki and I finally went out yesterday and bought a new camera. Anyhow, every Labor Day weekend Denver hosts the Taste of Colorado at City Park. Restaurants from around the state set up tents and cook. You can sample any of the food, with tickets. Each year, my friend Nicole and her entire family ride their bikes from Thornton to downtown, and they invited us to tag along. We are very fortunate to have paved bike paths throughout the city, so you don't have to go down a single busy street. Unfortunately, some of the paths cross through some not so nice areas.

We were almost downtown, when we came upon this riverfront area that was covered in white tarps. I didn't put two and two together, until this bum stood up and yelled at me. I was so spooked that I nearly fell off my bike. Boy did I high tell it out of there.

The Taste was great, and everyone ate lots of yummy food. But while there, my luck with bums once again proveiled. While our group was waiting in line for a drink, I decided to take Olivia over to a grassy area so she could run around. Out of everyone around, this scary looking bum comes and sits right next to me. After minutes that seemed to last forever and the bum attempting to talk more and more in my face, my possy finally realized that I was in need of assistance and came running right over. Thanks everyone ... me and Livi were very appreciative.

A broken chain, witnessing some drug deals, and almost getting pushed off of the bike path (all of course happened where the bums are located), we finally arrived back to the cars. Although, we had some great encounters with some pretty "interesting" people ... we all had tons of fun. Happy Labor Day everyone!!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Sound's interesting....

Love the video above too. What cuties you have.

Haylee Munk Brown said...

That does sound like an adventure!! Bums are very common here in Houston too, but unfortunately it is not as pretty here as Denver. I wish I could have sampled all that food with you though! Yum!