Monday, September 15, 2008

A little football, some soccer, and a sprained knee?

As I was headed to mine and Chiki's soccer game yesterday, I noticed how little cars were on the streets. Something is always up if you live in a city and the streets are vacant. Passing most people wearing orange, I realized that it is Bronco season and that there must be a game. Neither me or Chiki are major sports fanatics, but love an occasional game here and there. I think I like the BBQ's, hot wings, and crazy fans much more then watching the game. May the new season and all of the football parties, be a raging success!!

Now back to soccer. For those of you who grew up with me, know that I am not a sporty person ... aka a soccer player. Therefore , I am pretty timid when it comes to playing against aggressive teams. One of which we played yesterday. This team is always out for blood and the last time we played them, one of our players got kicked/elbowed (not sure which) in the eye. We hadn't been playing long, when our first player went down. We will find out today, whether she has a break or a sprained ankle. Next, was Chiki. I have never seen him in so much pain. Apparently, his body went one way and his knee the other and was followed by a loud pop. Several injuries later, the game finally ended. The only good out of it all, is that we still won. Even after all of their bad sportsmanlike conduct.

Next, it was off to the hospital to have Chiki's knee checked out. Apparently, we picked a crazy day to head out there. After a nice 2 1/2 hour wait, xrays were taken, pain medication was given, and we were sent on our way. The good news is that Chiki didn't tear his ACL or break any bones. The bad news is that if it was anything else, we have to wait it out and only time with tell. As of right now, we are treating it as a sprained knee.

May next weekend be a little more calm.

2 comments:

Girl Cam said...

Poor Chiki! That sucks, next time you play those guys, bring weapons. I hate dirty players like that...obviously they have no skill, so they are relying on dirty tactics to win....well, I'm glad your team showed them! GO TEAM!

Emilee said...

so, the yogurt will only work if you have an actual yogurt maker. you ahve to "incubate" it for a day. we got the maker from my inlaws, but you can find them at DI a lot i guess. if you have one, let me know...it is soooooooo good, and easy!