Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fishing Around

A couple of years ago, I picked up a new hobby (thanks to Chiki:)). The new hobby is fishing. For all of you who grew up with me ... I know, I know very shocking. The funny thing is I used to think fishing sounded like a punishment, and now I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Makes the statement "don't knock it, til you try it" completely true.

Anyhow, Chiki surprised me with a new fly rod and reel and so fishing has been occupying most of our time. I don't have any pictures of me in action quite yet ... but just wait. I will be out fishing Chiki before you know it!

This is how Olivia passes time, while everyone else fishes. She LOVES dirt.

Miss Hannah catching her 1st fish. Look close ... it is there :) She was so excited!

Like Father, like Daughter

Fishing like an old pro


Funny thing ... out of all the nice rods that we have, Hannah's cheap little one was the one catching all of the fish.

4 comments:

Emilee said...

yea, i would have never pegged you as a fisher...i like to do it too, but have not been in years! it is nice finding hobbies the whole family likes!

Haylee Munk Brown said...

Wow! fishing eh?

So, while I am in Breck I will be done about each night around 5:00. Saturday the 1st I won't be because we are setting up all day and night, and on Sunday I don't know when I will be done, but probably around 6:00. If you are in the area biking let me know, I am sure at night we could hang out for a bit. That would be loads of fun! Let me know you schedule and if you will be around that area.

Jenny said...

Woah a fisherwoman huh? Don't worry, it always happens that the kid rods catch the most fish.

Nate and Tasha said...

I am a little surprised to say the least - I still think it is soo boring, but maybe I need Hannah's pole to make it more fun!