Monday, July 27, 2009

Ummm ... salsa

Brace yourselves, all you Chili's chips & salsa fans. Awhile back, I found this really yummy recipe off of copykat.com. Every time I make it, I am amazed how similar it tastes to the real thing. So here it is ... my absolute favorite recipe for salsa :

14.5 oz can whole peeled tomatoes with juice
14.5 oz can tomatoes with green chilies
1 T + 1 t jalapenos (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/4 cup yellow onion - diced
1/2 t cumin
1/2 - 3/4 t garlic salt
1/4 t sugar

**In food processor or blender, place jalapenos and onions. Process for a few seconds. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt, sugar, and cumin. Process all ingredients until blended to desired consistency. Place in covered container and chill Chilling will enrich the flavor.

3 comments:

Clayton and Heidi said...

I am SO going to try this!!! Love it!

I must say that the pics from the post below make me want to drive out to Colorado. But, reading about the Trail Ridge Road gave me a headace. When did I become such a wuss!!!???

Jill said...

Excited to try. My husband begs me all the time to make salsa and I just never knew how. Now I do.

Brit said...

I am trying this! Thanks:)