Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Trippin Around

WOW - I have been needing to do some updating. Chiki & I have had so much going on this past month that instead of getting on the ball with some pics for you all ... I let myself get overwhelmed.

Chiki & I were invited to go with some friends to Vegas, the last weekend in May. We always hunger for travel, so we couldn't resist the offer. My great parents watched the little ladies while we were gone, and thank goodness. I don't have the desire to take them to Vegas anytime soon. I have always known that it wasn't the cleanest place, but come on ... we witnessed so many nasty things this time around. One girl continuously puked on the carpet after drinking too much and after each episode would turn back to her "fellow" and make out, we were offered many different types of drugs, me & another girl were exposed to, and while my friend was waiting near the front desk at Ceasar's was approached by some random dude and asked how much. The filth of Las Vegas really shined this trip.

We did enjoy the pool, the yummy dessert at the Patisserie in the Bellagio, and I got a great handbag in the forum shops.

Doesn't it look yummy - it was absolutely DELISH!


Don't get me wrong, it was nice to get away but next time ... if there is a next time for Vegas ... we definitely won't be staying for 5 days. 3 days max and that will include travel time haha.

After Vegas, Chiki flew back to Colorado and me back to Utah to celebrate my mom's BIG 50 birthday with the girls. We stayed there for about 1 week, and I must apologize. I always go to Utah with the intention of trying to go see everyone, but once I get to Utah ... slacker mode kicks in and all I want to do is relax.

Anyhow, it was nice to see the little ladies again. We "tried" to play outside with all of the crappy rain, we ate lots of shaved ices (tigers blood rules), did a little shopping, went to the airshow at Hill and fried the crap out of our skin while watching the Thunderbirds (Chiki you would have loved it), and did lots of hanging out with the famillia. Cousin Austin ... we had so much fun with you!

This is cousin Austin ... isn't he cute and not to mention a handsome little fellow

1 comment:

Clayton and Heidi said...

Everytime I go to vegas i feel like I have to scrub myself clean...inside and out. I'm sure it was nice to get away though.

ps I took dance at Tuellers, Dance Center, Dance Source, and a little place no longer in existance called Marianettes Dance Company.